job summary: As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. A current top partnership with a research-driven biopharmaceutical company is known as a powerhouse that aims to develop treatments for difficult-to-cure diseases. This renowned employer has created 32 products, including Humira and Lupron, that have highly impacted lives across the globe. If you're looking to stand out in your field and lead the way to innovative therapies, this position is for you!
location: North Chicago, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $25.00 - 30.70 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Ability to consistently produce high quality histological slides
- Capable of performing or developing requested immunohistochemical techniques
- Recognize variations in tissue specimens
- Knowledge of chemical rational of staining procedures
- Ability to recognize technical issues and troubleshoot accordingly.
- Establish and exercise proper quality control
- Analyzes, interprets, and evaluates results at each tissue processing step to maintain quality control
- Completely follow established protocols and assess results with supervision
- Recognize and report experimental variances.
- Apply basic scientific principles to work
- Learn and effectively implement new experimental protocols and/or techniques. Maintain laboratory equipment and optimize laboratory operations for efficient use of time, laboratory supplies and reagents, when appropriate.
- Consult literature to understand scientific purpose of assignments. Impact projects predominantly through lab-based activities.
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding code of conduct, safety, appropriate handling of materials and GxP compliance.
- Knowledge of IT aptitude
- B.S./B.A. Biology/Chemistry or related field is preferred, with 3-5 + years relevant experience
- HT (ASCP) certification is preferred, but a candidate with strong biology skills and a willingness to learn may be considered
- Histotechnologist Certification (HT) preferred
- Immunohistochemistry (IHC) experience preferred
- Applicable animal experience desired
- ideally greater than 3 years of experience within a histology/pathology laboratory within a GLP pharmaceutical company, CRO, hospital or diagnostic company. Capable of developing immunohistochemical protocols.
skills: MS-WORD, MS-EXCEL, GLP (Good Laboratory Practice), GCP (Good Clinical Practice), GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.