1. Responsible for carrying out experimental work at the bench under the direction of the immediate supervisor.
2. Responsible for developing at least two new innovative product applications with enzymes annually that maintains or increases company sales.
3. Responsible for preparing and providing scientific data to incorporate into at least one promotional material or webinar annually.
4. Responsible for establishing relationships with suitable food research institute (university lab etc.).
5. Responsible for designing new blended enzyme products for food applications.
6. Responsible for supporting Technical Sales by fulfilling customer requests.
7. Responsible for entire development process for new blended products from initial phase through final commercialization phase.
8. Follows GMP and SQF requirements through the company's quality management system.
location: Elgin, Illinois
job type: Temporary
salary: $40 - 64 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Contributes to the company's sales and profit through the department activities.
2. Collaborates with customers to improve their product recipes and processes.
3. Carries out experimentation to implement at least two new innovative product application developments.
4. Prepares and provides scientific data to incorporate into at least one promotional material or webinar annually.
5. Conducts pilot plant trials within Amano facilities, at co-packer, customer, or outside lab facilities.
6. Develops joint R&D projects with customers under guidelines and priorities developed by the President.
7. Interacts effectively with R&D groups outside client.
8. Works on projects at the laboratory bench for 75% of workday.
9. Oversees laboratory and reports issues with instrumentation, equipment, and safety to supervisor.
10. Oversees preventative maintenance in laboratory.
11. Maintains accurate laboratory notebook and updates daily.
12. Presents experimental data clearly.
13. Provides technical and analytical service to potential and existing customers to generate new business and maintain current business.
14. Submits call report to the supervisor within 48 hours after visiting customer.
15. Submits a monthly report to the supervisor at the end of the month.
16. Implements 5S Pillars within workplace.
17. Promotes a cooperative and constructive atmosphere.
18. Responsible for Food Safety and reporting any Food Safety related issues to the direct supervisor and/or a member of the Food Safety Management Team.
19. Performs other related duties as assigned.
1. Instrumental assay experience such as with GC, HPLC, and spectrophotometer
Master's Degree in a food scientific discipline is required.
skills: Food Product Development
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.