Associate Lab Technologist
As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. We supply prestigious life sciences and biopharma companies with job seekers like you to achieve their business goals. If you're looking for a position where you can serve as an asset to your company while making a difference in others' lives, we have the ideal position for you!
location: Austin, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $18.70 - 22.00 per hour
work hours: 8 to 4
The Associate Lab Technologist Contractor will perform standard operating procedures applying basic laboratory techniques, calculations, materials measurement, operation of laboratory equipment, and record keeping necessary to manufacture and test Food and Feed Safety products. Follow detailed instructions for assigned tasks or project with direct supervision.
- Execute product manufacturing according to established procedures, record the data, interpret results and validate the quality of the data.
- Perform in-process and/or final quality control testing and accurately document all results.
- Perform lab calculations needed to make solutions from powder or from stock solutions.
- Support general lab functions, setup, calibration and maintenance of equipment.
- Production records will be reviewed by senior production staff or supervisor.
- Perform transactions using ERP or equivalent system.
- Accurate and reliable inventory management participation.
- Achieve high productivity while maintaining all quality standards.
- Organize and prioritize work to ensure on-time delivery.
- Periodically review and discuss your priorities with supervisor.
- Critically think about the manufacturing process and suggest improvements to maintain high quality standards.
- Actively participate in process improvement projects.
- Adherence to ISO guidelines and the quality policy.
- Actively participate in maintaining a safe, clean, and functional work environment.
- Responsible for the completion of all tasks assigned daily; this may require more than 40 hours in some work weeks.
- Work may involve the handling of hazardous or biological materials. Must have adequate training to safely handle these materials and work safely under laboratory rules and SOPs.
- May include labeling, dispensing, packaging of reagents and final product.
- Participate in the investigation, recording and implementation of product deviations or CAPA systems.
- Participate in transfer and implementation of new products into the production lab.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate or B.S. degree in Life Sciences, or related scientific discipline with 0-3 years of job related experience.
- Familiarity with common equipment such as plate readers, centrifuges, balances, and liquid transfer equipment
- Experience or knowledge of assays such as ELISA and Lateral Flow.
- Pipette reproducibly.
- Basic lab and computer skills.
- Attention to detail and follows instructions.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and willingness to cross-train in multiple areas within the operations group.
- Effective communicator (verbal and written).
- Proactive, hardworking and self-motivated.
- Follow directions and instructions accurately.
- Address and report to supervisor any problems in daily manufacturing and propose effective countermeasures.
- Some laboratory positions may require the ability to lift 25 pounds and stand for long periods of time.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.