As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. We supply prestigious life sciences and biopharma companies with job seekers like you to achieve their business goals. If you're looking for a position where you can serve as an asset to your company while making a difference in others' lives, we have the ideal position for you!
location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $38 - 42 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
The primary role of the position is to develop and execute experiments to characterize protein/ligand interactions primarily using MicroScale Thermophoresis (MST) and surface plasma resonance (SPR), and to document experimental results and conclusions in electronic notebook. Additionally, the scientist in this role will involve in protein labeling and purification for other biophysical techniques. The selected scientist will work collaboratively with other scientists and team members.
- Design and execute MST/SPR based affinity measurement assays.
- Review and interpret data generated from MST/SPR experiments.
- Review literature and independently troubleshoot MST/SPR assays and deliver results in a fast-paced environment.
- Be able to perform activities in parallel.
- Be responsible for the integrity and quality of data developed from experiments.
- Demonstrate adaptability and desire to learn new skills and core competencies.
- BS/MS majoring in chemistry, biochemistry, biophysics and related fields.
- Experience with characterization protein-small molecule interaction techniques such as SPR, microscale thermophoresis (MST). Prior experience with protein labeling techniques and MST is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in designing, developing, optimizing, and troubleshooting assays is required
- Enthusiasm to learn new techniques and bring online new technologies and capabilities to explore areas of biochemistry
skills: Assay Development, Assay Method, Assay Verification
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.