The Lab Technician will assist Scientists in the preparation of formulation and evaluating stability of batches to meet product standards and specifications
location: Melville, New York
job type: Contract
salary: $18 - 19 per hour
work hours: 7 to 3
- Assist Scientist in the preparation of formulation and evaluating stability of batches to meet product standards and specifications
- Conducts physical tests on batch samples to insure product adheres to pre-determined specifications
- Performs other duties as assigned and required
- Performs challenge tests to determine preservation effectiveness in research, pilot and production samples.
- Performs microbiological tests on raw materials, bulk, and finished goods to determine microbiological content and composition.
- Isolates and cultures bacteria and other microorganisms. Identifies microorganisms by microscopic examination and chemical analyses of substances produced by these microorganisms.
- Reviews test results with immediate supervisor and maintains files and records.
- Assists immediate supervisor in other functions and duties as assigned.
- Screen raw materials for anti-microbial activity.
- Makes media and prepares reagents.
- Preparatory/Set up work for daily testing.
- Minimum of Associates degree in Science related field, Bachelors preferred
- Knowledge of metric weights and measures including balance, pH meter,
- Knowledge of Windows based computer programs.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.