job summary: As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. A current top partnership with a research-driven biopharmaceutical company is known as a powerhouse that aims to develop treatments for difficult-to-cure diseases. This renowned employer has created 32 products, including Humira and Lupron, that have highly impacted lives across the globe. If you're looking to stand out in your field and lead the way to innovative therapies, this position is for you!
location: Redwood City, California
job type: Contract
salary: $29.00 - 33.88 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Execute routine purification development operations from harvest to UF/DF operations
- Prepare small to large batches of buffer solutions following batch record recipe
- Support pilot plant activities including preparation and execution
- Perform routine analytical measurements using HPLC and UV-vis instrumentation
- Record and manage multiple data sets in notebooks and excel files
- Perform general lab maintenance including cleanliness and maintaining inventory
- Collaborate within the team in order to follow best practices and meet project goals
- Must be flexible to participate in innovative projects with shifting priorities and ambiguity in direction
- Must have a positive 'can do attitude' and be able to research and generate new ideas
- Must be comfortable with physical activities of constant standing, walking, sitting and occasionally lifting up to 50Ibs
- Provide verbal updates and presentations at group meetings
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- BS or MS in Biological Sciences, Chemistry or Chemical/Biochemical Engineering or related field with 0-3 years relevant industry experience in purification technologies/downstream process development
- Experience with laboratory work; Experience with chromatography, filtration, UV-vis, buffer preparation, and/or HPLC is preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
skills: HPLC, MS-WORD, MS-EXCEL, MS-Powerpoint, Chromatography, Protein Purification, GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.