As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. We supply prestigious life sciences and biopharma companies with job seekers like you to achieve their business goals. If you're looking for a position where you can serve as an asset to your company while making a difference in others' lives, we have the ideal position for you!
location: Harrodsburg, Kentucky
job type: Contract
salary: $18.00 - 21.76 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: High School
In this role, you will be directly involved working with engineers and technologists in the sample preparation and analysis of glass compositions. Duties will include assisting Glass Technology Engineers and Technicians with production and special projects in the plant.
- Provides a variety of services that require an understanding of scientific/engineering equipment, terminology, and elementary procedures.
- Operates standard though complicated laboratory equipment to yield reliable data.
- Makes scientific or laboratory observations bearing on the experiments or assembles and operates experimental equipment or processes or converts design sketches into layout drawings.
- Documents results and procedures. (Writes up experiments or procedures.)
- Prepare glass samples for 24/7 manufacturing operation, to include mechanical separation, grinding, sagging or fusing, polishing, beveling and cleaning.
- Execute measurements according to the Glass Technology sampling plan, closely monitoring daily trends in chemistry and physical properties, investigating for root cause, and proposed action plans.
- Execute batch changes to recipes from observations made from routine measurements, with Engineering input.
- Interface with internal customers, Quality, Mixing and Melting.
- High school diploma or above required
- College associate degree or above desired
- Previous lab analytical experience
- Ability to work independently, given supervisory input ahead of time
- Demonstrated capability to follow standard operating procedures and safety protocols
- Ability to operate and maintain sensitive equipment
- Critical attention to detail
- Can communicate observations with team in clear, concise manner in both written and verbal form
- Working knowledge of MS Excel, including formulas and graphing functions
- Can confidently make independent, data driven decisions, seeking consultation with subject matter experts when necessary
- Familiarity with Lab equipment s (e.g. XRF, ICP, IOX, FTIR, etc)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interface in a multicultural work environment
- Open and engaging - able to interface effectively with others
- Strong problem-solving skills and providing input to team-based discussions
- Can discern when to follow SOP and when additional supervisory input may be necessary
- Practical experience with basic interpretation of trends and recognizing special cause variation
- Working knowledge of Six Sigma (DMAIC) methodology
skills: SOP, MS-EXCEL
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.