Conduct testing of raw materials and finished goods to support manufacturing and production.
location: Melville, New York
job type: Contract
salary: $19 - 21 per hour
work hours: 11 to 7
- Conduct Microbial testing of raw materials , mass, and finished goods to support manufacturing and production.
- Conduct Weekly Water sample testing (Bioburden) to support the site and ensure compliance.
- Prepare media and samples to support laboratory testing.
- Acknowledge test samples into database system to ensure planning department has visibility to testing status of open batches.
- Complete daily calibration of equipment (e.g. balances, pH meter) needed for lab function to ensure compliance.
- Review and maintain Media Preparation and Calibration logs to ensure lab compliance.
- Partner with Lab Coordinator to complete monthly inventory to ensure Micro supplies are on hand to support testing.
- Provide support of laboratory OOS investigations
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in Microbiology or in Chemistry/Biology
- 1 year related experience preferred, will consider recent grads
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.