As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. We supply prestigious life sciences and biopharma companies with job seekers like you to achieve their business goals. If you're looking for a position where you can serve as an asset to your company while making a difference in others' lives, we have the ideal position for you!
location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $40.68 - 47.86 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
Responsible for performing scientific services and working with laboratory instruments in scientific laboratories. Works on-site at clients' locations for a wide variety of low- to high-end laboratory equipment. Provides a level of support, responsiveness, and knowledge to the customized specifications of the clients' users. Runs key experiments to keep labs moving forward, while typically using the clients' lab processes and space to ensure seamless delivery of desired quality and timelines for research projects. May manage scientific services engagements at clients' sites.
- Daily QC and maintenance of flow cytometry instruments in a multi user flow cytometry core.
- Maintain appropriate documentation of instrument usage and maintenance history
- Ensure facility compliance with all safety rules and regulation
- Maintain laboratory stocks of supplies and reagents.
- Maintain instrument data integrity.
- Act as a liaison to manufacturer's engineers for troubleshooting and preventative maintenance of instruments.
- Assist in the design and analysis of flow cytometry experimentation as feasible.
- Driving toward zero service recalls for any reason
- Coordinate all service events with Site Coordinator
- Complete assigned preventive maintenance calls at site within prescribed time frame and established performance standards.
- Perform timely uploads and downloads of required data to ensure the integrity of the service system.
- Accountable for assigned company assets to include: tools, test equipment, telecommunication equipment, personal service parts inventory, etc. Manage inventory levels to ensure that adequate supply and appropriate records are maintained.
- Take an active role in developing technical skills and soft skills to maintain and enhance our value proposition to the customer.
- Seek higher level certification through participation in company sponsored training & development initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Electrical Engineering or EET
- Experience with HPLC, FLPC, Liquid Handler, Mass Spec or similar technologies, a plus
- Independence when maintaining/troubleshooting/front-lining and operating the instrumentation.
- Knowledgeable in applications of all product lines supported.
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Demonstrated ability to learn new systems.
- Ability to work in teams and/or project management experience desired
- Involve no travel, based at customer site in Cambridge, MA
skills: HPLC, Biology, Flow Cytometry, GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.