job summary: As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. Located in 100 countries, our longtime partner is known for being the world's largest producer of vaccines and for covering seven major therapeutic areas. To be a part of the science that is changing the world, apply now!
location: Meriden, Connecticut
job type: Contract
salary: $36.60 - 43.06 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
The Upstream Process Development Group, as a part of MTech department, has responsabilities to support the development and continuous improvement of bioprocess production for manufacturing of Flublok influanza vaccine. It is involved in performing sequence analysis of circulating infuenza strains using the EpiFlu and other relevant databases to predict the strain change, development of transfer plasmid libraries, generation of working virus banks for seasonal strain changes, evaluation of the production processes (Batch and Fed-Batch), and improvements of process parameters. The Upstream group also provides support to other departments in the organization as needed.
The selected candidate is expected to assist in nucleotide and amino acid analysis of Hemagglutinin (HA) proteins, generation of plasmid libraries, confirmation of nucleotide insert sequences in the transfer plasmid, and documentation and delivery of final transfer plasmids to appropriate groups for use in the generation of working virus banks; a critical part in the protein production process. Duties will include: cloning techniques such as site directed mutagenesis and Gibson assembly, primer design, PCR, plasmid/DNA purification, DNA sequencing, restriction digest, RT-PCR, qPCR, as well as other experiments as needed. In addition, participation in day-to-day operational upstream activities, which includes cleaning, updating and maintaining upstream inventory, and provide support during daily operations. The candidate is also expected to assist molecular biology strategies and approaches to increase the yield of recombinant antigens.
- Perform routine molecular biology tasks such as primer design, DNA construct design, PCR amplification, DNA electrophoresis, cloning, plasmid purification, DNA purification, restriction endonucleases digest, DNA sequencing and analysis, transformation of E.coli, making broth and agarose plates
- Perform femto pulse and pulsed field gel electrophoresis experiments.
- Perform qPCR for determining the stability of the WVB.
- Document experiments and maintain proper records electronically and in lab notebooks.
- Effectively communicate results in group and department meetings.
- Contribute to lab organization, maintenance of instruments, reagent tracking and ordering.
- Ensure that work performed is conducted in a safe and compliant manner in adherence with SOPs and protocols.
- Wash glassware and USP process equipment.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and to present upstream data on a regular basis.
- Performs other functions as required or assigned.
- Complies with all company policies and standard
- BS/MS or academic degree in a field of Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or other related disciplines. 1-2 years experience with BS degree or up to1 year experience with MS degree working in academic or industry.
- Hands on experience in molecular biology with previous experience in Site Directed Mutagenesis, Gibson assembly, seamless cloning procedures.
- Experience with purification of DNA from bacteria and baculoviruses
- Hands-on experience in DNA sequence analysis, construct design using, ApE, SnapGene or similar software.
- Ability to work within team environment and multitasking is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and ability to prioritize assignments.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Experience in cell culture procedures and associated aseptic techniques is a plus.
- Experience working in a lab, General laboratory skills.
- Maintains a good relationship with co-workers.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English.
- Experience in Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point.
skills: Molecular Biology, Biology, Cell Cultures
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.