job summary: URGENT NEED
for a Research Associate II to support the pre-clinical and clinical Flow Cytometry teams.
location: Rockville, Maryland
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 65,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
- Preparation and handling of primary specimens, including peripheral blood, ascites, other liquid biospecimens.
- Isolation of white blood cells by density gradient separation
- Primary immune cell culture (experience with T cells, NK cells, Dendritic cells, Macrophages)
- Sample preparation (murine or human tissues/cells) for immunostaining and acquisition by flow cytometry
- Cell culture for primary cells and cell lines
- Perform multicolor flow cytometry including autonomous use of flow cytometer(s) and flow analysis software
- Perform ex vivo and in vitro assays for immuno-oncology relevant endpoints (e.g. ELISA and multiplex cytokine assays)
- Troubleshoot, optimize, and develop methods for unmet experimental needs
- Maintain laboratory records and notebook, organize and compile data, and write weekly reports on results
- BS with 2-year experience or MS degree. Preferred field of study in immunology or related sciences.
- Industry experience working with pre-clinical and clinical samples is preferred.
- Experience with multicolor flow cytometry is required
skills: Flow Cytometry
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.