job summary: As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. A current top partnership with a research-driven biopharmaceutical company is known as a powerhouse that aims to develop treatments for difficult-to-cure diseases. This renowned employer has created 32 products, including Humira and Lupron, that have highly impacted lives across the globe. If you're looking to stand out in your field and lead the way to innovative therapies, this position is for you!
location: North Chicago, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $30.00 - 33.82 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: High School
- The position of the R&D Technician requires individuals to work with Study Directors, associate Toxicologists, Clinical Veterinarians and Study Pathologists in conducting non-clinical laboratory studies as directed by the study protocol.
- The R&D Technician has sufficient technical background/training to execute non-clinical laboratory studies as per SOPs and protocol. He/she is proficient in the use and understanding of laboratory equipment, possesses good oral and written communication skills, and is precise in the collection and maintenance of data for non-clinical laboratory studies.
- Technicians conduct in-life and terminal phases of all non-clinical laboratory studies minimally including animal health evaluations, administration of test compound(s) to animals, weight measurements, collection of body fluid samples for clinical evaluation, observing animals for normal or changed physical condition, the performance of necropsies with gross pathologic observations and descriptions, recording and maintaining data, and preparing test compound formulations. Special technique training may be implemented based on business needs. Technicians may also be assigned various group administrative responsibilities, laboratory coordination and training functions.
- The R&D technician is expected to comply with procedures set forth in SOPs, GLP guidelines, DEA policies, protocols and/or other directives issued by the Study Director or management regarding non-clinical laboratory studies. The technician is expected to perform his/her function and responsibilities with the highest regard for quality and timeliness.
- Necropsy support
- Discovery support
- General study work
- Training of new techniques
- Comply with all guidelines (SOPs, GLP, DEA and other policies)
- Minimum of High School Diploma or equivalent education with four years experience in a laboratory setting. Associates degree with no experience required.
- Must have sufficient technical background / training to execute nonclinical laboratory studies as per standard operating procedures and protocol.
- Must be proficient in the handling of nonclinical test systems, use of laboratory equipment, possess good oral and written communication skills and be precise in the collection and maintenance of data for nonclinical laboratory studies.
skills: SOP, GLP (Good Laboratory Practice)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.