The Clinical Performance Measurement and Improvement Specialist is responsible for developing and maintaining clinical quality measures, including identifying new measure concepts, drafting measure specifications, implementing a measure testing plan, and supporting measure implementation.
location: Washington, District Of Columbia
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
- Work with pathologists and others scientific committees to generate a list of measure concepts to be developed.
- Draft measure specifications and conduct initial feasibility testing to reduce burden of data collection on pathologists.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive measure testing plan within a clinical data registry.
- Support measure rollout and implementation in the Registry platform.
- Develop web content, guidance documents, and training guides; lead webinars, and other presentations to educate members on measures. Ensure the client website is updated as needed for compliance with measure requirements.
- With guidance from the supervisor, develop and engage external workgroups for Registry/measure implementation-related work. Attend and participate in national registry and/or measure implementation affinity meetings to provide feedback, trends, and ideas to these workgroups.
- Bachelor's Degree in basic sciences, public health, business administration, health services administration, data sciences or similar field. Master's Degree preferred. Equivalent related experience in lieu of degree will be considered.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in quality measurement, clinical data registries, quality reporting programs and/or data science/informatics, in a hospital, research organization, a provider association/society, consulting firm, laboratory, or the health care industry at large.
- Experience in a laboratory, or with laboratory information systems would be preferred but not essential.
skills: Clinical Data Management
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.