The primary purpose of this position is to support the development of new products and modifications of existing ones within the Skin lab.
location: Melville, New York
job type: Contract
salary: $20 - 22 per hour
work hours: 8 to 4
- Determines stability of the formulations and ensures commercial feasibility.
- Keeps laboratory management informed of project progress.
- The candidate will be expected to work independently with a minimum amount of supervision and should have the decision making skills that enables them to complete their testing with a minimum of supervision.
- Perform any in-process testing, lab maintenance, lab inventory tracking that is required and assist other departments as needed.
- Work safely in a laboratory environment
- Four year (B.S. or B.A.) Chemistry, Biology or Biochemistry degree is required
- 0-1+ year of experience desired
- Microsoft office, SAP a plus.
- Statistical analysis skills a plus
- Good working knowledge of analytical techniques required.
- Solid awareness and practice of safe lab procedures.
- Basic knowledge of chemistry techniques (GMP) and knowledge of: Titration, Pipetting, pH, Viscosity and making volumetric solutions.
- Must be able to communicate clearly both orally and in written formats.
- Problem solving skills a plus.
- Knowledge of cosmetic ingredients a plus.
- Must be flexible to work different shifts and overtime as needed.
- Knowledge of metric weights and measures including balance, pH meter
skills: Analytical Chemistry, Chemistry
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.