As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. A current top partnership with a research-driven biopharmaceutical company is known as a powerhouse that aims to develop treatments for difficult-to-cure diseases. This renowned employer has created 32 products, including Humira and Lupron, that have highly impacted lives across the globe. If you're looking to stand out in your field and lead the way to innovative therapies, this position is for you!
location: North Chicago, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $23.51 - 27.66 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- The candidate will work in a dynamic and diverse team environment to support technology transfer, process scale up and continuous improvement of fermentation processes used in active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) manufacturing.
- Provide technical support (product and process expertise) of manufacturing operations for fermentation processes. This includes a range of activities, from day-to-day manufacturing problem solving, managing productivity targets and maintain quality/regulatory compliance.
- Responsibilities include the design, execution of experiments to develop new fermentation process, develop robust lab/pilot scale processes, support scale-up fermentation and transfer of unit operations into manufacturing sites
- Author or participate in risk assessments and process validation.
- Provide technical expertise to support regulatory submissions.
- Interaction with Manufacturing, Quality, and CMC/Regulatory Affairs groups.
- Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Biochemistry or related fields
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent education and typically 3-5 years of experience, Master or PhD with 0-3 years
- Experience in designing lab scale microbial fermentation formats and scale-up to pilot/manufacturing scale.
- The candidate should have proven leadership experience and may be required to lead technical projects.
- The candidate should demonstrate a high level of scientific initiative in generating and implementing new ideas that are applicable for process improvement and/or troubleshooting.
- A good understanding of microbiology and biochemical principles, fermentation process scale-up and statistical methods is essential.
- Must have the ability to work in teams, communicate technical concepts clearly and be independently motivated. Additionally, scientific independent thinking and the ability to design/interpret experiments are critical.
- The candidate should be capable both in the lab and in a GMP manufacturing environment.
skills: CMC, Regulatory Affairs Operations, GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.