One of the largest pediatric medical centers in New England is actively seeking (1) Research Administrator II
within Genetics & Genomics Department starting ASAP!! This will be a temporary role to cover a leave of absence and will last for 3 months into the early fall. The work schedule Monday - Friday 8:30a - 5:00p, and may require some weekend flexibility based on experiment/lab needs. The Research Administrator II
will be responsible for: pre award grants, expense receipt processing and purchase orders.
location: Boston, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $23.50 - 26.00 per hour
work hours: 8 to 4
- Assists in pre-award functions such as preparing grant applications to ensure conformity with relevant sponsor guidelines, regulations and hospital policy. Coordinates collection of grant application materials and receipt of institutional reviews and approvals to ensure timely submission. May assist in budget preparation as needed.
- Assists post-award functions such as allocation of research labor costs across funding sources consistent with level of research effort and approves purchase requisitions. Coordinates departmental research effort reporting and ensures timely submission of certified effort reports in compliance with sponsor and institutional guidelines. Uses institutional resources to maintain department records of grant awards and agreements.
- Prepares financial transactions, such as employee travel and other reimbursements, approves purchase requisitions in accordance with sponsor and hospital policy.
- Works with appropriate central offices (Research Administration, Research Finance, Accounts Payable, etc.) to troubleshoot and resolve matters.
- Assists in the review of financial reports to monitor grant expenses to ensure compliance with sponsor's award terms/conditions. Assists in preparing financial reports for
- Assist Principal Investigators to assist them in monitoring spending rates and planning for future spending needs.
- Participates in timely grant/award renewal process and the orderly closeout of sponsored activities.
- Bachelor's degree and 1 year of research admin experience
- OR 3 years of research admin experience
skills: Clinical research, MS-WORD, MS-EXCEL, MS-Project, Administration, Clinical Data Management
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.