Sr Associate Scientist
As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. With therapeutic areas that include Oncology, Vaccines, and Rare Diseases, our partner aims to make treatments streamlined, easily accessible, and globally produced. If you share their goal of approaching healthcare in a novel way, look no further - apply for your dream job now!
location: San Diego, California
job type: Contract
salary: $29.76 - 35.02 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
Laboratory and related work (~90% of time) with supervision: Day to Day
- Perform cell culture work for tumor implantation models following an established SOP
- Support cell banking and growth condition establishment of new cell lines
- Assist in the execution of in vitro/ex vivo assays
- Perform protein/DNA/RNA isolation and outsourcing of analysis of these samples
- Support general laboratory operations including daily preparation of buffers and solutions, ordering and re-stocking laboratory supplies, maintaining a clean and safe work environment and maintenance of equipment.
- Regularly records experimental work upon completion in electronic notebook systems and archives raw data on server databases.
Communication: Day to Day
- Communicates effectively within the Translational Immuno-therapeutics team as well as across partner lines in the organization.
- Effectively works within a team atmosphere to execute, as part of a team, on complex and high-volume study protocols
- Provides clear, concise, and timely responses for data and experimental information to line manager and project teams.
Scientific/ Technical Knowledge
- Demonstrated experience in primary and cell line culture
- Demonstrated experience in one of the following in vitro/ex vivo assays: cell-based assays preferably immune assays; basic flow cytometry; molecular biology (DNA/RNA extraction; qPCR etc.)
- 3+ years of experience working in a laboratory setting.
- Practical understanding and application of statistical methods to experimental design and outcome measures.
- Highly organized in daily tasks
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Perform routine animal handling to support preparation for in vivo study start and tumor implant in rodents
skills: PCR, Assay Development
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.