job summary: **URGENT NEED
for a Maintenance Tooling Technician to perform installation, maintenance and repair of compression tooling and compression equipment. This person will also be responsible for overseeing the operation and maintenance of the solid dose tooling and compression program. This includes but is not limited to purchasing of new punches and dies, overseeing tooling inspections, tool cleaning and lubrication activities, adhering to proper tool storage requirements, conducting obsolete tool destruction activities, etc.**
location: Allentown, Pennsylvania
job type: Permanent
salary: $62,000 - 70,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: High School
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance and maintain good records of all work performed in accordance to US-FDA's Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP's).
- Perform calibration of production equipment as required.
- Maintain and organize on-hand supplies of spare parts for Production equipment, building maintenance, etc.
- May assist other maintenance technicians in other trades as general labor as necessary.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- The ability to use precision measuring devices such as calibers is desired.
- Minimum of 5 years of plant maintenance experience in the pharmaceutical industry is desired.
- Minimum 2 years of demonstrated work experience in tooling maintenance is desired.
- Must have knowledge of cGMP.
- Must be self motivated, team player and open to learn new things.
skills: GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice), Mechanical Engineering
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.