Director of Immunology
Randstad is the #1 HR Services Company in the world and we are sourcing for a Director of Immunology in the Houston, TX area. This position will work in Houston, Texas and will lead a team of scientists and associates responsible for the creation and discovery of new therapeutic candidates for immune-oncology diseases. This individual will have a deep expertise in immunology along with hands-on experience with designing and executing comprehensive experimental plans that inform and enable project progression while providing scientific and strategic leadership as well as collaborate cross-functionally for the discovery of novel therapeutics. This is a direct hire position, relocation is offered and it can start immediately.
location: Houston, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $160,000 - 220,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
The main responsibilities of this position will include but are not limited to the following tasks:
- Lead Immunology team to perform hands-on preclinical research in the development of Adoptive Cell Therapies.
- Responsible for program related, scientific and operational objectives.
- Develop multiparametric analyses of immune cell functions, data analysis and interpretation.
- Design rigorous experiments, interpret data, and communicate findings in wellarticulated presentations.
- Develop and qualify assays that complement the organization's platforms through understanding of immune response in patients taking part in clinical studies.
- Produce data to publish in peer-reviewed publications and present in scientific meetings.
- Manage cross-functional projects according to business priorities and within desired timelines and to budget.
- University degree in immunology, immune-oncology, or natural sciences.
- 3 to 5 years of leadership experience in the strategic planning incl. working knowledge in experimental design and statistical analysis.
- Comfortable working at a global level in a highly matrixed environment. Excellent interdisciplinary and international communication and moderation skills.
- Well versed in immunological functional assays and molecular and cell biology techniques (FACS, ELISA, RT-PCR, Immunostaining), experience in gene editing techniques a plus.
- Proven track record of scientific excellence as demonstrated by publications/patents.
- Proven ability to innovate across business processes and to implement solutions in cross-functional teams.
- Your motivation is driven by the passion for your work. You approach tasks in a structured, reliable and foresighted manner, combined with an elevated level of individual responsibility, enthusiasm and strong social skills.
- You embrace rapidly changing requirements with an open mind, think outside the box and show a high degree of flexibility in an environment which is marked by a constant striving for excellence.
skills: Cell Biology, CRF, Data Analysis, Administration, Calendar Management, ADME, Assay Development, Assay Method, Assay Verification, Chemistry, Crystallography, GLP (Good Laboratory Practice), Immunoassays, CRFs, GCP (Good Clinical Practice), CTMS (Clinical Trial Management Systems), CTA, CTD Structure, Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS), Cell Cultures, Data Analysis Software, GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.