One of the largest pediatric medical centers in New England is actively seeking (1) Medical Technologist - Blood Bank
department starting ASAP!! This will be a temporary role to cover a leave of absence and will last for 4 months into the early fall. The work schedule will be full-time nights, Sunday to Thursday 10:30pm to 7:00am, will include holidays and hours are subject to change depending on needs, but will most likely stay as evening shift.
location: Boston, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $25 - 30 per hour
work hours: 11 to 7
- Specimen receipt/log in to BCH system
- Automated testing - gel platform BioRad IH-1000
- Serological testing - ABORh, ABSC, ABID, Antigen Typing, Compatibility testing, etc.
- Product modification - dividing products, irradiation, washing, volume reducing, saline rinsing, etc.
- Dispensing blood products to authorized persons
- Instrument and reagent quality control
- Providing clear communication with clinical staff and fellow Blood Bank team members
- Medical Technologist or Clinical Lab Sciences (ASCP) Certification
- Would ideally have prior Blood Bank experience, but open to other lab/medical technologist experience should be sent over for review as well
skills: Sample Collection, Sample Preparation, Sample Testing
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.