job summary: As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. A current top partnership with a research-driven biopharmaceutical company is known as a powerhouse that aims to develop treatments for difficult-to-cure diseases. This renowned employer has created 32 products, including Humira and Lupron, that have highly impacted lives across the globe. If you're looking to stand out in your field and lead the way to innovative therapies, this position is for you!
location: North Chicago, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $27.00 - 31.40 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: High School
- Provides general administrative support. May provide back up support to higher-level management as needed.
- Effectively monitors manager and team calendars, proactively solves conflicts
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures. Follows purchasing and requisition procedures, Corporate Security and Privacy Rules, Corporate Branding Guidelines, and Copy Center procedures (if applicable).
- Interacts with high-level executives and handles confidential or business-sensitive information.
- May include some support for tracking budget expenditures.
- Coordinates and maintains departmental files, as assigned, in compliance with corporate and government regulations.
- Orders business cards and stationery.
- Uses and understands Microsoft Office Suite, and other business-specific software, including the Corporate Travel Web site, and employee performance management systems (as applicable).
- Coordinates new employee office set-ups and onboarding.
- May train/coordinate work for new administrative assistants.
- Operates with general instruction and some supervision
- Safeguards Company confidential information
- Some college preferred.
- Some leadership or supervisory experience desired
- Experience working in pharmaceutical company or CRO strongly preferred.
- 7+ years previous admin experience supporting executives
- Must have Intermediate to advance knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Concur, SharePoint, Visio or OrgPlus, and understanding of business processes and requirements
- Make it happen spirit & attitude as well as persistence.
- Learns fast, grasps the "essence" and can change course quickly where needed
skills: MS-WORD, MS-EXCEL, MS-Powerpoint, MS-Project, Administration, Calendar Management, Expense Reporting, File Management, Office Management, Vendor Management, System Administration
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.