job summary: As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. A current top partnership with a research-driven biopharmaceutical company is known as a powerhouse that aims to develop treatments for difficult-to-cure diseases. This renowned employer has created 32 products, including Humira and Lupron, that have highly impacted lives across the globe. If you're looking to stand out in your field and lead the way to innovative therapies, this position is for you!
location: Worcester, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $40.00 - 48.13 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Maintain a high level of productivity in the lab, with clear and accurate documentation
- Develop and characterize CHO (Chines Hamster Ovary) cell lines within project timelines using both established and novel techniques;
- Optimize methods as required to meet project goals;
- Extensive cell culture work as needed to generate, maintain, evaluate, and preserve many suspension cell lines in parallel;
- Work both independently and as a member of collaborative teams;
- Effectively utilize standard software (e.g., Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Electronic Lab notebook applications)
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding code of conduct, documentation, safety, appropriate handling of materials, and GxP compliance.
- PhD in Biological Sciences. At least 2 years of relevant laboratory experience.
- Must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. for at least one year after position start date
- Must be able to sit or stand for extended times in the laboratory
- Proven track record in one or more of the following: cell culture/aseptic technique, cell line development, CHO cells, genetic engineering (e.g., CRISPR knock-out/knock-in, homologous recombination, targeted integration, cre/lox, frt/flp); flow cytometry/FACS; genetic characterization (e.g. ddPCR, qPCR, NGS), expression vector design.
skills: Cell Biology, MS-WORD, MS-EXCEL, Biology, Cell Cultures
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.