job summary: As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. Located in 100 countries, our longtime partner is known for being the world's largest producer of vaccines and for covering seven major therapeutic areas. To be a part of the science that is changing the world, apply now!
location: Framingham, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $38.25 - 45.00 per hour
work hours: 3 to 11
Scientist 5cP Manufacturing Technology is the industrial process know-how SME of the 5cP process/product or area of activity. Scientist 5cP Mtech major role encompasses:
- Supports licensed products through the scientific and technical continuous improvement of the existing manufacturing process and support production on a daily basis to reach industrial excellence.
- Drives or supports problem-solving by interfacing with Bulk Manufacturing teams, Mtech, Quality, R&D and other functions if needed,
- Contributes to strategy related to specific project, process validation, and inspection and audit readiness.
- Centralizes all the demands as unique entry point within MTech for Work Request (WR), Not planned short term activity (investigation) and Recurrent activity (at the shop floor) and drives or support the implementations of actions plans.
- Support the manufacturing activities, with process and operations-based expertise to support delivery of robust processes with the correct technical solutions, documentation, trained resources, and operating procedures that will ensure consistent manufacturing.
- Responsible for ensuring product related technical issue resolution. Apply effective and structured troubleshooting/root cause analysis techniques for production problems as required, and potential improvements in quality and/or yield
- Sound knowledge of bacterial upstream and downstream unit operations, which includes high scale fermentation process, micro-filtration, chromatography, fractionation, precipitation, centrifugation, detoxification, ultrafiltration, SIP and CIP.
- Responsible for identification of product/process improvements and improvement implementation. Remain up-to-date with new product/process, and process assessment technologies. Determine how such technologies may be applied to increase process efficiency.
- Lead or participate on Project Teams, as Manufacturing Technology representative.
- Ensure timely completion of all team goals.
- Responsible for developing a strong scientific network (internally and externally).
- Assist in supervising and training process support staff in managing continuous performance improvement.
- Minimum Bachelors in Biochemist, Chemical Engineering or related fields with 3 years of industrial experience and demonstrated leadership in behavioral competencies and management.
- The position also requires additional specific competencies: impact and influence, interpersonal communication, use of technical/professional expertise, resilience and balanced judgement/risk analysis.
- Depth knowledge of technical areas specific to upstream (fermentation) and downstream manufacturing processes is required.
- Sound knowledge in chromatography and protein purification.
- Expertise in process industrialization will be an asset
skills: Chromatography, Cell Cultures, GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.