The Microbiologist applies knowledge and skills to perform diverse and complex Microbiology laboratory procedures and/or specialized technical, administrative services requiring application of equivalent technical knowledge in a quality control laboratory.
location: Bohemia, New York
job type: Contract
salary: $25.00 - 27.50 per hour
work hours: 7 to 3
- Performs routine sample testing.
- Processes samples for microbiological analyses; this may involve collecting specialized samples in various production areas
- Sets up and dismantles instruments and apparatus.
- Prepares specialized solutions / suspensions such as media or live cultures to perform essential laboratory procedures.
- Makes and records observations, performs calculations, collects and prepares data for evaluation.
- Reports results of assignments, maintains and performs related record keeping.
- Maintains, calibrates, validates, monitors and troubleshoots laboratory instruments.
- Participates in designing and conducting investigational studies of atypical results.
- Personal responsibility for following safety rules, SOPs and cGMP guidelines.
- Bachelor's degree in Microbiology or a related Biological Science coupled with good aseptic technique
- 1-3 Years relevant Experience
- High level of organizational skills, good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines; multi-task and follow-up when responses are needed
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Basic Microbiological technique experience, including pipet, streaking plates, counting plates
skills: Biology, GLP (Good Laboratory Practice), Microbiology, Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.