Associate Material Handler
As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. We supply prestigious life sciences and biopharma companies with job seekers like you to achieve their business goals. If you're looking for a position where you can serve as an asset to your company while making a difference in others' lives, we have the ideal position for you!
location: Austin, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $16.78 - 19.74 per hour
work hours: 8 to 4
The Contract Associate Package Assembler will perform routine production, labeling, dispensing and packaging of intermediate and finished products following detailed procedures with indirect supervision. Ability to solve routine to moderately complex manufacturing issues.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform product manufacturing and packaging according to established procedures.
- Support general lab functions, setup, calibration and maintenance of equipment.
- Production records will be reviewed by senior production staff or supervisor.
- Train peers in manufacturing Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) and operation of equipment.
- Perform transactions using ERP or equivalent system.
- Accurate and reliable inventory management participation.
- Organize and prioritize work to ensure on-time delivery.
- Periodically review and discuss your priorities with supervisor.
- Actively participate in process improvement projects.
- Adherence to ISO guidelines and the quality policy.
- Actively participate in maintaining a safe, clean, and functional work environment.
- Responsible for the completion of all tasks assigned daily; this may require more than 40 hours in some work weeks.
- Work may involve the handling of hazardous or biological materials. Must have adequate training to safely handle these materials and work safely under laboratory rules and SOPs.
- Participate in work instruction revisions and process improvements.
- Participate in the investigation, recording and implementation of product deviations or CAPA systems.
- May review peers batch records and data for accuracy.
- Participate in transfer and implementation of new products into the production lab.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate Degree in Life Sciences or High School diploma with 2-5 years of job related experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Basic lab and computer skills.
- Attention to detail and follows instructions.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and willingness to cross-train in multiple areas within the operations group.
- Achieve high productivity by reliable and punctual attendance.
- Effective communicator (verbal and written).
- Proactive, hardworking and self-motivated.
- Address and report to supervisor any problems in daily manufacturing and propose effective countermeasures.
- Must be able to lift more than 25 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for more than 4 hours straight
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.