job summary: As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. Our partner recognizes the need for innovative care and utilizes Research & Development to further knowledge in Oncology, Neuroscience, Rare Diseases, and Gastroenterology. As a company that brings in over $30 billion in annual revenue, they have established themselves as a biopharmaceutical powerhouse that is changing the world. If you're looking for a position where your work will benefit millions of people, we are waiting for you!
location: Los Angeles, California
job type: Contract
salary: $15.88 - 18.69 per hour
work hours: 11 to 7
education: High School
- Perform process equipment cleaning and organization within the Fractionation department.
- Maintain Fractionation area housekeeping (per GMP compliance) such as: cleaning walls, floors, doors, drains, windows, and other general surface areas.
- Empty trash containers and maintain an adequate amount of cleaning supplies.
- Perform removal of hazardous waste.
- Supports all local manufacturing operations.
- Supply components, small parts, tubing, etc.
- Complete relevant paperwork following GDP/GMP guidelines.
- Manually clean all portable equipment, small parts, plastic tubing and equipment.
- Receive and distribute supplies into the production area as necessary.
- Train other technicians
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Able to assist with prioritization of assignments in order to maximize support for the Fractionation production area.
- Requires AA degree or high school diploma with 0-2 years related manufacturing experience.
- Previous work related experience is preferred.
- Some college experience is preferred.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills and understanding of cGMP regulations.
- Familiarity with pharmaceutical production equipment including but not limited to CIP.
- Must be able to read and follow detailed written instructions.
- Good interpersonal skills and be able to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment.
- This position requires shift, weekend and holiday work.
- Overtime may be required at times.
- The incumbent must work in a clean room environment wearing special garments. Additionally, personal protective equipment must be worn due to safety requirements.
- Knowledge of basic chemical and biological safety procedures.
- May require immunization before performing work within the manufacturing area.
- Ability to read, write, speak English and communicate effectively.
- Should possess basic math skills.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry up to 50 lbs.
- In general, the position requires a combination of sedentary work and walking around observing conditions in the facility.
- Must be able to work in controlled environments requiring special gowning. Will be required to follow gowning requirements and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and body.
- No make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail polish or artificial fingernails may be worn in the manufacturing environment.
- Will work in a cold, wet environment.
- Must be able to work multiple shifts, including weekends.
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
- May be required to work in a confined area.
- Some Clean Room and cool/hot storage conditions.
skills: GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.