job summary: As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. Focusing on immune diseases like HIV that affect a large percentage of the population, the work our longtime partner conducts is imperative to a better, healthier future. To be recognized as a crucial part to furthering this goal, join this growing team now!
location: Collegeville, Pennsylvania
job type: Contract
salary: $24.06 - 28.31 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: High School
- With minimal supervision, perform manufacturing operations in chemical R&D pilot plants (e.g. operate equipment and processing areas), in order to develop chemical processes and prepare chemical supplies for R&D studies.
- Assist in the maintenance of chemical R&D pilot plant equipment and processing areas, so that the facilities are in a continual state of readiness.
- As required, assist in Installation Qualifications, Operational Qualifications, and Process Qualifications in order to keep the pilot plant facilities qualified.
- Follow operating instructions and maintain accurate records as required to ensure the successful preparation of chemical supplies.
- Perform all manufacturing operations according to the Safety, Environmental, and GMP guidelines followed by GlaxoSmithKline
- Assist in the materials management program within the chemical R&D pilot plants, in order to keep raw material and spare part inventories at their proper levels, to ensure that materials are properly staged and labeled, to ensure that waste is properly disposed, and to ensure that appropriate records are maintained.
- Suggest improvements to equipment and operating procedures in order to successfully transfer lab-scale processes into the pilot plant facilities.
- Communicate in an accurate and timely manner with subordinates, peers, and supervisors as required to successfully achieve project goals.
- Provide training as necessary to less experienced operators.
- Attend training courses as required
qualifications: Basic Qualifications:
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- 3 years of experience in the chemical or pharmaceutical industry as an operator.
- Excellent knowledge of chemical pilot plant operations, preferably as performed in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Must be able to work independently and as a member of a team with other plant operators, supervisors, chemists, and maintenance personnel.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Must be able to communicate effectively
- Must be able to work shift work.
- Must be able to lift over fifty pounds.
- Must be able to move drums weighing 400 to 600 lbs. using the equipment available.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- 5 years of experience in the fine chemicals or pharmaceutical industry
- 1 year of experience in chemical pilot plant operations
- A good understanding of the safety, environmental, and GMP regulations (as applied to primary pharmaceutical manufacturing)
skills: GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.