Boston based biosciences company which is developing proprietary products that support research, translation and delivery of precision medicine. Is actively seeking (2) highly skilled Research Associate, Assay Development
starting immediately, working hours will be 8:00am to 5:00pm (flexible start/stop times), must be willing to work occasional weekends and holidays. The Research Associate, Assay Development candidate will provide analytical services to the top biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies. This role will work with scientists on the team to execute on custom assay development and sample testing services. This role requires a person that is detail oriented, has a great analytical mindset, and a customer-oriented mindset.
Great location outside of Boston with easy commute into downtown. Commuter rail lines and access to Routes 95, Mass Pike and Route 9. Unlimited amount of tourists locations such as the Museum of Science, NE Aquarium, Fenway Park, Faneuil Hall and may great restaurants!!
location: Brighton, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 85,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
- Work closely with a team of highly motivated scientists to optimize new custom assays.
- Optimization of immunoassays for biological nanoparticle detection and characterization.
- Independently plan and execute lab lab service projects.
- Analyze and compile data in a report.
- Adhere to quality standards and meet aggressive timelines in the various projects.
- B.S degree in cell biology, biochemistry, biophysics, bioengineering or a related field.
- 2-4 years of full-time laboratory experience.
- Hands-on experience with Western-blot analysis, ELISA, and Flow-cytometry is strongly preferred.
- Experience with protein purification and bioconjugation techniques.
- Experience with culturing of human cells and handling plasma/serum under sterile conditions.
- Experience in working according to GLP/GMP guidelines is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of analytical techniques and the proper handling of chemicals.
- Working as an independent individual with great attention to detail and record keeping.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and deliver conclusive results while adhering to deadlines.
skills: Biology, GLP (Good Laboratory Practice), Flow Cytometry, GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.