Boston based biosciences company which is developing proprietary products that support research, translation and delivery of precision medicine. Is actively seeking (2) highly skilled R&D Senior Research Associate, Assay Development
starting immediately, working hours will be 8:00am to 5:00pm (flexible start/stop times), must be willing to work occasional weekends and holidays. The Research Associate, Assay Development candidate will be developing cutting edge single vesicle-based assays. This role will work with the R&D team to optimize extracellular vesicle isolation and detection methodologies. Person for this role needs to be curious and passionate about developing analytical technologies and methods for advancing research and clinical application of extracellular vesicles in biomarker and therapeutics development. In addition to having great analytical mindset this role requires a person with excellent communication skills.
Great location outside of Boston with easy commute into downtown. Commuter rail lines and access to Routes 95, Mass Pike and Route 9. Unlimited amount of tourists locations such as the Museum of Science, NE Aquarium, Fenway Park, Faneuil Hall and may great restaurants!!
location: Brighton, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 85,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
- Optimization of assay for detection of novel targets from biological fluids.
- Independently design, plan and perform experiments.
- Interpret, compile and present scientific finding to R&D team and wider company
- Need to adhere to quality standards and meet aggressive timelines in the various projects.
- Contribute to the productivity of the group through a collaborative and flexible mindset driving the exchange of ideas.
- B.S degree or higher in cell biology, biochemistry, biophysics, bioengineering or a related field.
- 2-4 years of full-time laboratory experience (industry experience preferred but not a must).
- Extensive hands-on experience with Western-blot analysis, ELISA, and Flow-cytometry is strongly preferred.
- Experience with protein purification and bioconjugation techniques.
- Experience with culturing of human cells and handling plasma/serum under sterile conditions is a definite plus.
- Strong knowledge of analytical techniques and the proper handling of chemicals.
- Working as an independent individual with great attention to detail and record keeping.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and deliver conclusive results while adhering to deadlines.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S
skills: Assay Development, Assay Method, Assay Verification, Biology, GLP (Good Laboratory Practice), Flow Cytometry, GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.