job summary: As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. A current top partnership with a research-driven biopharmaceutical company is known as a powerhouse that aims to develop treatments for difficult-to-cure diseases. This renowned employer has created 32 products, including Humira and Lupron, that have highly impacted lives across the globe. If you're looking to stand out in your field and lead the way to innovative therapies, this position is for you!
location: South San Francisco, California
job type: Contract
salary: $40.00 - 48.40 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Routinely conducting screening for inhibition potential on uptake transporters
- Performing substrate/inhibitor kinetics assay for uptake transporters
- Interpreting in vitro drug transporter data derived from assays using recombinant cell lines or hepatocytes
- Perform mammalian cell culture, seeding and maintenance
- Contribute to invitro ADME assay design and discussions
- Analyze data and maintain detailed, accurate and comprehensible study documentations
- Doctorate degree (1-2 years of experience), MS degree (+5 years of experience), B.S. (12 years of experience), or equivalent in drug metabolism or related discipline with relevant industry experience in drug discovery/development
- Prior working experience with drug transporters and hepatocyte uptake assay are expected
- In depth knowledge in enzyme/transporter kinetics and data fitting models
- Working experience with recombinant and 2D hepatocyte cell culture models
- Experience with radioisotope is a plus
- Capable of using in vitro and in silico tools to support the prediction of transporter-mediated pharmacokinetics (PK) and drug interactions (DDIs) in humans
- Has knowledge of both biological and physicochemical properties of small molecules that influence ADME
- Maintain knowledge of state-of-the art principles and theories in ADME and uptake transporter sciences (in particular)
- Ability to clearly communicate, interact with and influence others
- Interprets findings, writes reports and makes presentations at internal cross-functional teams
- Experience with use of electronic lab notebook is a plus
- The individual is also expected to be organized, a team player, passionate about drug discovery, and possess effective communication skills
skills: ADME, In Vitro
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.