Seeking a Senior Representative of Business Development who will work closely within their respective sales and support teams to ensure delivery of responsive solution based services that meets client requirements, revenue and gross margin growth targets, and long-term client relationship development goals in line with the Clinical Services.
job type: Permanent
salary: $110,000 - 125,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
- Be a subject matter expert and key contributor in large or global RFPs
- Create, submit for management approval, and implement a written Business Development plan.
- Close and win business from both existing and new customers and business segments
- Generate sales leads using multiple methods including, but not exclusively, outbound sales calls, trade show attendance and follow up
- Prepare, draw insight and present within key accounts at face to face Quarterly Business Reviews to support current and future growth plans
- Track and report progress against assigned objectives weekly to designated management personnel using salesforce.com or other systems/documents as needed
- Timely and consistent updating of information in salesforce.com to ensure information is never more than a week old
- Forecast monthly projected BD wins and business impact based on current pipeline analysis
- Build, maintain, expand and grow key customer relationships so that future growth opportunities can be closely aligned with customer requirements
- Capture competitor intelligence in the market place and submit into the marketing team
- Overall expectation is that 40% of time is spent on pro-active prospecting, 40% time is spent on developing solutions and closing out opportunities, 20% time to be spent on forecasting, reporting and other administrative duties
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree or experience in lieu of degree
- 5+ years of business development or experience related to a solution based selling approach
- A proven track record of verifiable sales success driving growth with a consultative, strategic selling approach
- Business-to-business sales experience preferably with a CRO or Central Lab Organization
- Experience developing customized solutions of kitting, equipment/ancillary supplies, and biorepository services for the pharmaceutical research industry.
skills: Clinical research, Sale Manager, Sales Training
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.