A world leading automotive manufacturer located in Greer, SC is looking for a Packaging Engineer. This is a long term contract opportunity. APPLY NOW!
Responsibilities for the Packaging Engineer
- Design proper packaging to protect and preserve product (container modifications).
- Responsible leader for the development / implementation of new packaging concepts
- Development of new packaging concepts
- Leader of the packaging review process to get the buy off for the racks from part suppliers and the plant process partner
- Works with internal associates for packaging changes (CCB - change control board).
- Monitor part profile information
- Work with direct and indirect supplier to assure supplier conformance to packing item specifications
- Update service parts packaging standards as needed.
Requirements for the Packaging Engineer
- BS required.
- Background in design and purchasing packaging. This person is responsible for creating packaging design and sending those concepts out to bid to suppliers. (designs for cardboard, steel racks, thermos forms, EPP trays, and textile bags)
- Data analytics. Company uses SAP, excel and a proprietary software to input, track and measure. Data Integrity is critical for their communication. The logistics department depends on them for accuracy to measure components for load planning.
- Must have experience 3D packaging design experience
- Automotive experience strongly preferred.
- Comprehensive benefit package