Quality Engineer needed for a direct hire position with a metals manufacturer in the Reading, PA area. Prior heavy industrial experience desired. Engineering degree required, preferably Metallurgical or Materials Science.
Responsibilities for the Quality Engineer
- Work closely with senior staff, manufacturing and quality personnel as well as external customers and suppliers.
- Audit suppliers against customer specifications and any fixed practice agreements.
- Develop and train manufacturing personnel in quality policies and procedures and quality pertinent work instructions. Serve as site raw material representative.
- Travel to suppliers across the US (20-30%).
Requirements for the Quality Engineer
- Bachelors degree in Engineering.
- 2+ years quality experience in manufacturing.
- Prior experience in the steel industry preferred.
- Full benefits, bonus potential, relocation assistance.