Mechanical Engineer needed for a Tier one Automotive supplier just outside of Birmingham. Candidate will be responsible for designing capital equipment and participate in engineering projects. This individual will also develop and oversee the preventative maintenance program for the manufacturing facility while supervising maintenance personnel. Salary will be based on experience.
Responsibilities for the Mechanical Engineer
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics and computer generated reports.
- Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications.
- Research, design evaluate, in stall, operate and maintain mechanical products, equipment, systems, and processes to meet requirements, applying knowledge of engineering principals.
- Assist in installation, operation, maintenance, and repair to ensure that machines and equipment are installed and functioning according to specifications.
Requirements for the Mechanical Engineer
- Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering
- Automotive industry expeirence
- Project management and New Product introduction experience
- Knowledge of production machinery and process, strong mechanical and metallurgy aptitudes.