Permanent position: Leading manufacturer is looking to hire a sharp Controls Engineer (direct hire) for their manufacturing plant located in the Detroit, Michigan area.
We are looking to hire someone that is promotable into management roles in engineering or plant management. We are growing very rapidly b/c of our innovative manufacturing processes which resulted in receiving multiple prestigious awards.
Candidates must have programming and troubleshooting experience with Siemens, Fanuc or Allen Bradley PLC's.
The selected candidate will be offered an excellent salary commensurate with experience paying up to $90k-$100k along with an excellent bonus opportunity.
This role provides relocation assistance.
All candidates must me legally authorized to work in the United States.
Responsibilities for the Controls Engineer
- Optimization of robots, drives and PLC to increase OEE
- Develop solid training courses for the technicians and operators for working correctly and safely with electricity and programming for their areas of expertise
- Design a system to monitor, track, debug and document all needed changes that will include explanations of changes, reason for changes and updates to original documentation for changes
- Provide technical support in the manufacturing problem solving for production, quality and the technicians
- Assist in troubleshoot and repair of equipment breakdowns such as: PLC's robots, lasers and electrical systems
- Investigate and report on any automation issues and out of standard process
- Work with quality, maintenance, and production to optimize OEE through continuous improvement and cell automation and cell PLC/Siemens programming
- Troubleshooting/problem solving of electronic/electrical systems, laser, vision systems, robot and cell automation parameters
- Assist with SCADA and SQL server data gathering, storage, manipulation and presentation
Requirements for the Controls Engineer
- Minimal Associates degree and/or 5 years experience
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Candidates must have experience programming and troubleshooting of Siemens or AB or Fanuc
- Excellent salary commensurate with experience ranging from $90k to $100k plus an excellent bonus opportunity
- Paid relocation will be provided