Permanent position: Mechanical Engineer needed for a client that manufactures consumer electronics. This is a direct hire role. Salary will be based on expeirence.
Responsibilities for the Mechanical Engineer
- Design and develop custom packaging for electronic controls taking into consideration critical characteristics such as man-machine interfaces, temperature and vibration exposure, aesthetics, appropriate materials, PCB mounting requirements and manufacturing processes
- Design of injection molded plastic parts, with a good understanding of mold flow analysis for warpage, gate location and plastic flow.
- Utilization of specifications, datasheets and experience in selecting materials with an emphasis on plastics
- Interface with team members, customers, and suppliers to move designs from concept to production
Requirements for the Mechanical Engineer
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 4 years experience
- Experience with injection molded plastic and metallic castings a plus
- Creo (Pro/E) experience is preferred
- Knowledge of DOE, FMEA, tolerance analysis, statistical methods and qualification methods