Permanent position: Immediate opening for an Applications Engineer, out in the Pettisville, OH area. This person will be involved in design, engineering support, load calculations and direct interaction with customers as an Applications Engineer manufacturing organization.
Responsibilities for the Application Engineer
- Produce applications drawings for new projects as required, perform calculations for load ratings, prepare product list according to drawings, and design new product solutions to meet customer needs.
- Work collaboratively with product/design engineers to provide appropriate technical solutions, while identifying remedial actions relating to issues within existing systems, solutions and applications.
- Research, design, evaluate, install, operate, and maintain mechanical products, equipment, systems, and processes to meet requirements, applying knowledge of engineering principles and corporate guidelines.
Requirements for the Application Engineer
- BS in Civil or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- 5-8 years experience is required, ideally in steel fabrication, or structures, or the like.
- Advance understanding of Solid Works and AutoCAD software
- Position requires travel up to 20% (customers, vendors, etc.)
- Company sponsored benefits