Contract position: An American multinational corporation specializing in Internet-related services and products is currently seeking an Engineering Technician in the South San Francisco, CA area. This is a 1-year CONTRACT position. No per diem available.
Responsibilities for the Technician
- Execute and manage parallel process flows involving multiple device builds. Follow SOPs to manufacture prototype devices, and perform tests, analyze data, and assist in drafting SOPs and Test Instructions.
- Maintain and stock materials as necessary to support device builds and prototype production. Detailed inspection and verification of process quality standards including documentation and metrology including use of microscopy and metrology equipment.
- Perform and document in-process quality checks on finished product. Ability to work in cleanroom microassembly environment by maintaining a clean and safe work environment and keep equipment fully functioning.
Requirements for the Technician
- Bachelor's degree in in Material Science, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of hands-on experience in microelectronic or medical device assembly.
- Experience working with silicones, epoxies, polyurethanes, or other medical plastics.