Contract position: We are looking for a Quality Technician in Tualatin, OR to work at a leading manufacturing company. This is a contract position that is expected to last six (6) months and could be longer.
Responsibilities for the Quality Technician
- Assures inspections and testing of components, subassemblies, finished product, and incoming materials conform to specifications, and are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Conducts and documents First Article Inspections (FAI), in- process , and finished product inspections to determine if products are in compliance with specifications.
- Maintains records of inspection results, certificates or conformance, and other documentation related to work orders.
- Manages the Discrepant Material Report (DMR) database for defective material and assemblies, ensuring compliance with the Non-Conforming procedure. Tags and isolates non-conforming parts and performs required inventory control transactions.
- Understands and works toward Quality objectives; continually optimizes the inspection process by identifying Quality bottlenecks that hinder Production.
- Comply with all safety requirements, including proper use of personal protective equipment and operation of equipment in a safe and competent manner. Understand and meet all departmental safety objectives and goals. Keep assigned work-area clean, organized, and orderly per 5S standards.
- Administers the Calibrated Equipment program for R&D lab and production equipment. Coordinates with external vendors to schedule and complete calibration of equipment and ensure compliance to due dates.
Requirements for the Quality Technician
- 2+ years in a similar position.
- Experience in manufacturing environment
- Medical, Dental, PTO, etc.