Controls Engineer needed for an Engineering Firm in the Nashville area. This is an organization that services many different industries and is looking for folks who are hands on. Salary will be based on experience.
Responsibilities for the Controls Engineer
- Provides application/control systems design and development for systems of varied complexity.
- Develops and evaluates alternative system solutions that meet stated requirements.
- Modifies program/system logic involving multiple systems and subsystems.
- Develops proficiency in several programming languages and control device networks for PLCs, PCs, or DCS systems.
Requirements for the Controls Engineer
- A minimum of a BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Computer Engineering from an accredited college/university or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3 years work experience in industrial controls and system integration with a strong focus (50% +) on software design and programming.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, have excellent attention to detail, and be willing and able to learn new technologies quickly.
- Material handling or process control design, development and troubleshooting experience
- Regional travel 25-40%