Contract position: A manufacturing company considered one of the world's leading innovators in materials science is looking for a Technical Writer in the Big Flats, NY area. This is a 9-month CONTRACT position. No per diem is available.
Responsibilities for the Technical Writer
- Monitors the project life cycle, updates the URS, if needed, generates the functional requirements specifications (FRS), and based on the final design, generates the machine acceptance documents (FAT/SAT).
- Manage library of support documents and interface with the Quality department to ensure compliance to CPT and GAMP requirements.
- Research and translate technical information into manuals for nontechnical users. Verify document content on actual machine, confirming actions and responses are correct.
Requirements for the Technical Writer
- Associate's degree and 5 years of dedicated Technical Writing in a 'High' technology setting.
- Experience with GAMP and/or documentation of new equipment builds and installation in a manufacturing environment.
- Should be familiar with process automation equipment, including HMI's, PC interfaces, and instrumentation used to operate a large manufacturing process machine.