Contract position: A leader in the healthcare industry is currently seeking an Electronics Hardware Engineer in the Munhall, PA area. This is a 1-year CONTRACT position. No per diem is available for this assignment.
Responsibilities for the Hardware Engineer
- Reviews complex specifications and other documentation to determine hardware engineering requirements. Develops complex design, development, testing, and modification of new electronics hardware. Completes complex maintenance, enhancement, testing and support of existing hardware.
- Generates design documents, block diagrams, BOM's and test plans. Develops board level test procedures and conducts board level bench testing. Works independently and in teams depending on project needs. Applies advanced skills to resolve complex problems not covered by existing procedures or practices independently.
- Displays a high level of critical thinking in bringing successful resolution to high-impact, complex, and/or cross-functional problems. Demonstrates and applies knowledge of electronics design to the successful completion of complex assignments. Demonstrates strong knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures of electronics design.
Requirements for the Hardware Engineer
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering required. Qualified applicants will have 6+ years of successful experience in a directly related field and successful demonstration of designing complex mixed-signal electronics hardware featuring ADCs/DACs, (POL) DC/DC converters, Analog and Digital I/O, ICs, FPGAs, Processors, Microcontrollers, etc.
- Qualified applicants will have a strong comprehension of PCB development environments and PCB development tool flows along with proven ability to design, implement, sustain and document electronics designs from component level specifications. Ability to perform initial hardware check-out and debug. Hands-on bringing up testing and validation of boards designed. Qualified applicants will have a working knowledge of VHDL, Verilog, and/or System Verilog HDL languages.
- Paid Vacation
- Health Insurance, and much more...