Engineering & Construction client is looking for 2 Transmission Outage Coordinators (one Senior and one Junior (2+ years)for a long term power grid construction project out of Orlando, Florida. The client is looking for someone with 8-10 years of experience coordinating on site for electrical utility construction projects. Client prefers candidates that are local to Orlando, but will consider candidates that are outside of the area and offer Per Diem for qualified candidates.
Responsibilities for the Coordinator
- The Outage Coordination Lead will facilitate regular meetings with appropriate project management stakeholders from Burns & McDonnell and the client to create and review the outage sequence(s) and project schedules.
- These individuals will perform outage coordination duties with the client's system operations center and the regional system operations center.
- This individual will need to be able to effectively multi-task, balancing many projects while maintaining task status and activity reporting to a variety of project stakeholders on project-related matters under tight time schedules.
- Coordinate construction activities with ISO contacts.
- Require prior experience with NERC and FERC policies and standards.
Requirements for the Coordinator
- Associates Degree Required in engineering or related field. Bachelors Degree preferred.
- Looking for candidates with power system operations and planning experience.
- Experience with NERC and FERC standards.
- Knowledge of Power flow software applications.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- NERC Certified Reliability Coordinator Operator is a significant plus.
<Benefits for the Coordinator
- PTO Program
- Per Diem for candidates that qualify.