Contract position: A manufacturing company considered one of the world's leading innovators in materials science is seeking a Controls Technician in the Wilmington, NC area. This is a 1 year CONTRACT position, with the possibility of extension. No relocation assistance is available.
Responsibilities for the Controls Technician
- Write PLC software for automating and improving manufacturing equipment and processes
- Provide first and second level troubleshooting of equipment / process issues in the department
- Identify and support process improvements
Requirements for the Controls Technician
- 2-year electrical degree preferred (will consider experienced candidate with demonstrated skills)
- Must have PLC knowledge. PLC programming is required
- Knowledge of Allen Bradley and Beckhoff PLC platforms preferred.
- Experience troubleshooting electrical circuits