Permanent position: Worldwide leader in the manufacture of automotive parts seeks a MANUFACTURING ENGINEER for its assembly operations located just outside of ASHEVILLE, NC. The MANUFACTURING ENGINEER establishes and directs manufacturing processes, to include tools and equipment for production using lean manufacturing principles to minimize inventory and optimize facility utilization. Tool design experience a plus! IMMEDIATE, DIRECT-HIRE OPPORTUNITY WITH A WORLD CLASS ORGANIZATION!
Responsibilities for the Manufacturing Engineer
- Methodically analyze assembly processes and drive changes to ensure consistent and efficient flow.
- Evaluate changes to improve tooling and ergonomic opportunities to support production in this fast paced setting.
- Design and implement efficient processes using lean manufacturing principles to enable single piece flow in a pull system philosophy
Requirements for the Manufacturing Engineer
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering (or related field) with at least 3 years experience in assembly (preferably automotive) operations.
- Demonstrated experience with lean strategies and TPS based manufacturing.
- Experience in the use of CAD software
- The company provides a competitive benefits package to include relocation assistance.