Contract position: We are searching for a Lab Technician in Apopka, FL to work at the world's leading beverage manufacturing company. This is a contract position that is expected to last a year and could be longer.
Responsibilities for the Laboratory Technician
- Analyze ingredients, syrups, beverages, concentrates or other substances using laboratory practices and instruments.
- Evaluate ingredients, products or packaging materials via visual inspection or by measuring weight, density, stress, dimensions, torque, strength, etc. in order to determine physical properties of samples and compliance with standards.
- Develop or validate laboratory test methods or equipment (sampling, monitoring, analytical procedures) in order to ensure reliability and accuracy of analytical results.
- Record data from analyses or experiments in a computer, log book or laboratory notebook.
Requirements for the Laboratory Technician
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry or Biology is required
- Experience within a Laboratory Environment
- Basic analytical Chemistry knowledge and the ability to analyze ingredients, syrups, beverages, concentrates or other substances using laboratory instruments.
- Knowledge and application of Good Laboratory Practices (handling of glassware, preparation of standards and reagents, proper measuring techniques, data management, housekeeping, etc.)
- Experience recording data from analyses or experiments in a computer, log book or laboratory notebook.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, etc.
- 12 month contract assignment, could be longer