Contract position: We are looking for a Quality Engineer in Syracuse, NY to work at a leading manufacturing company. This is a contract position expected to last a year and could be longer.
Responsibilities for the Quality Engineer
- Provide technical expertise to implement structured problem solving and continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with operations, manufacturing engineering, planning, purchasing, design engineering and program management to ensure that quality requirements are understood and applied.
- Coordinate and lead efforts to solve complex problems that will require involvement with customers, suppliers, plant manufacturing, foundries, and assembly operations
- Request, monitor and confirm supplier corrective actions
- Lead and/or participate in continuous process improvements
- Where necessary, with the generation of control plans/Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis (PFMEA), responses to corrective actions and overall development efforts
Requirements for the Quality Engineer
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline from an accredited university
- 5+ years of experience working in Quality Engineering
- Experience with performing metrology inspections
- Experience with ATEX and ISO 9001: 2015 certification is a plus
- Strong structured problem solving experience and the ability to apply analytical skills
- Medical, Dental, PTO, etc.