Direct hire opportunity for a Purchasing Manager at a highly regarded Electrical manufacturing facility located near St. Louis, MO. This position is responsible to lead and mentor the purchasing department by developing policies, procedures, objectives, goals, and conducting training. The ideal candidate will have prior experience as a buyer, commodity manager or materials manager within a manufacturing environment that has progressed into a supervisory or managerial Purchasing role. Position is a direct hire opportunity. This position has excellent growth and development potential.
Responsibilities for the Purchasing Manager
- Responsible to manage a team of three Buyers
- Manage supply base to meet corporate objectives to minimize risk, reduce cost, and eliminate waste
- Recommend and maintain supplier relationships to meet corporate objectives.
- Assists in developing purchasing plans and programs to implement corporate policies and objectives.
- Provides support to Purchasing staff in all conflicts or questions regarding prices, deliveries, quality, and specifications.
- Develops and manages an ongoing training process for all Purchasing personnel
- Assists with supplier negotiations
- Furnishes spend analysis and cost data for use in scheduling, planning, and budgeting
Requirements for the Purchasing Manager
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Supply Chain or other related field
- Must have at least three (3) years experience managing or supervising a purchasing department within a manufacturing environment
- Must have contract negotiation experience with suppliers
- Must have a knowledge of MRP applications
- APICS or CPM certification desired
<Benefits for the Purchasing Manager
- Full benefits package
- Excellent growth and development potential
- Relocation assistance