Permanent position: CIVIL DESIGN ENGINEER opportunity at a highly regarded engineering firm for locations in south west Georgia. Need BSCE or equivalent and minimum 2 years Land Development or other related experience. Growth opportunity. Includes relocation.
Responsibilities for the Design Engineer
- Prepare or assist in the preparation of the scope of work development, design concepts, cost estimates and presentation as assigned by the Project Manager. The purpose of this position is to provide professional, technical day-to-day support and input.
- Assist Project Manager in the development and design of projects which consist of the plans, specifications and estimates.
- Develop feasible design alternatives and compare significant parameters such as typical sections, horizontal and vertical alignments, right-of-way requirements and cost.
- Identify and analyze the principle design features and major design alternatives that satisfy the project's purpose and need.
- Produce detailed, final design plans, specifications and estimates in accordance with AASHTO, FHWA, state DOT and/or Municipal Departments of Public Works and Waste and Wastewater Utility. Consult with the Project Manager or Department Head in the review of detailed plans, specifications and estimate of cost to ensure conformity with the project scope and design standards.
- Review design details and coordinate technical recommendations, assess the cost-effective constructability of the project and generally evaluate the quality of the project.
- Perform all engineering or analytical functions for an engineering design or analysis and is capable of solving difficult problems requiring evaluation of several alternatives
- May require on-site field verification may be required to gather and confirm data.
Requirements for the Design Engineer
- Need BSCE or BSCET or possibly Environmental Engineer
- Minimum 2 to 3 years Land Development or other relevant experience
- EIT highly preferred, but not required. A PLUS to have PE
- Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Salary in range shown based on extent of qualifications
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Opportunity with a well established firm