Permanent position: One of the leading engineering company is looking for an "ELECTRICAL DESIGN ENGINEER" in Denver, CO. This is a direct hire position. Ideal candidate will have PE license (any state) and 5-15+ years of strong background in electrical designing for buildings mainly hospitals. We prefer local candidates but ready to provide relocation for the right candidate. Salary is commensurate with experience and the range is somewhere between $80k-$120k.
Responsibilities for the Electrical Design Engineer
- Develop electrical engineering drawings and technical specifications for non-recurring maintenance, repair, renovation, addition, and new construction projects primarily for healthcare facilities.
- Develop models of power systems and perform detailed calculations, coordination studies, and arc flash hazard assessments.
- Create schematic diagrams such as one-lines and riser diagrams, control system wiring diagrams, and network connection diagrams.
Requirements for the Electrical Design Engineer
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering from an ABET or NAAB accredited school
- Minimum 5 years of experience on engineering design teams as electrical engineer
- Experience in preparing design drawings/plans, specifications, technical correspondence, and written reports
- Detailed understanding of three phase power systems and how they are applied in buildings which require high levels of reliability
- Experience with power system modeling software such as SKM and ETAP
- Detailed understanding of ancillary building systems such as fire alarm, access control, video surveillance, nurse call, and mass notification, etc.
- Proficient in drafting using AutoCAD
- Experience working on electrical engineering design for healthcare facilities is Preferred
- Experience working on US Department of Veterans Affairs or US Army Corp of Engineers projects is Preferred
- Functional knowledge of Autodesk Revit & MicroStation is Preferred
- LEEP AP BD+C Certification, Lighting Certification (LC), Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD) Certification is Preferred
- Company Sponsored Benefits.
- Relocation assistance for the right candidate.
- Salary $80k-$120k